Skip to product information
The classic Tamiya Monster Beetle is an iconic R/C kit.
This version takes the classic body, shrinks it to a smaller scale, and mounts it on a variant GF-01 chassis called the GF-01TR!
The GF-01TR fits the gear-driven GF-01 chassis with reduction gears (also known as portal axles). This modification allows the hobbyist to better transverse trail terrain as it lifts the bottom of the chassis to better clear obstacles that could high center the vehicle and render it stuck.
• 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 333mm, width: 270mm. Wheelbase: 274mm.
• Body is molded in red ABS Plastic. It depicts a customized Beetle with gaping fenders, triple auxiliary lights and a shortened rear end.
• Metal-plated parts for headlights, auxiliary lights and engine.
• The model is based upon the tough, reduction gear-fitted GF-01TR variant chassis.
• 37.35:1 gear ratio (with the kit-standard 18T pinion gear) gives great drive. The model is also compatible with 20T pinion gears (for a 33.61:1 gear ratio).
• Yellow wheels are complimented by 115mm diameter hybrid pin spike/lug pattern tires for superior cushioning and grip.
• Includes 540-type motor.
• Includes Tamiya TBLE-02S ESC (electronic speed control) Capable of running sensor brushless motors and brushed motors alike. (21.5 Turn BL motor limit) (23 Turn brushed motor limit).
• Length: 333mm, Width: 270mm, Height: 215mm
• Wheelbase: 174mm
• Tread: 210mm (Front & Rear)
• Tire Width/Diameter: 68/115mm (Front & Rear)
• Monocoque Frame
• 3-Bevel Differential Gears
• 2-Piece Steering Tie-Rod
• 4-Wheel Independent Double Wishbone Suspension
• Gear Ratio = 37.35:1 (using kit standard 18T pinion gear)
• Type 540 Motor
• Electronic Speed Controller (ESC) is sold separately.